I know St. Patty's Day has been here and gone already.
I am still trying to change gears and remember that it is easter in less than 2 weeks.
Easter in March kind of throws me. :)
So thinking of something green and food this month.
Two of my honey's favorite things came to mind,
Andes Mints and my cinnamon rolls.
I thought hmm, why not.
So here is the recipe:
1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbs active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
5-5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tbs softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. put water and yeast into a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. heat the milk (in microwave)
3. add milk, oil, sugar, salt in bowl. mix in 1 cup flour. add eggs and beat well.
4. stir in water/yeast mix. now add 1 cup at a time 4 more cups of flour. until dough is soft.
5. turn dough out onto floured surface and knead well.
6. lightly grease bowl and place dough in bowl, turning once. cover bowl, place in warm place for
1 - 1 1/2 hours until dough is doubled.
7. punch down dough. roll our the dough on floured surface into a 20x14" rectangle (roughly).
spread butter over entire surface. Mix brown, granulated sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and
sprinkle over dough. add nuts if you desire. roll dough into log.
8. cut 18-20 rolls. place on greased cookie sheet.
9. cover sheet with a dish bowl and let rise double again. about 30 minutes. preheat oven to 400. When
rolls are done rising. bake for 10-15 minutes.
10. Once you take the rolls out of the oven. sprinkle with melted andes mints (with a spoon)
Eat and enjoy. Recipe incorporated from the food nanny.
cozy little house