Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY Mickey Head Embossing Folder


I recently purchased my first Big Shot for the sole purpose of adding a little more texture to my projects. I need TEXTURE and one way is embossing the paper with patterns. I received 2 embossing folders with my bundle. But hey if you knew me you would know 2 folders is not going to be enough for me, but at the same time paying the high prices on these folders isn't me either. So after doing some research on possibilities of making some folders on my own. I created a mickey head design, cut it out and mounted it. I think it is a good first try. I am going to keep fiddling with these and fill my folder box. 


To make these I used my cricut, cardboard from an oreo box, glue and tape to keep the 2 sides together. 


 Happy Embossing!!

Linky Parties



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love that you make your own embossing folders. I have the metal embossing version of the machine and I understand it can emboss paper, too, but I'm never actually gotten around to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this. Great idea and so cute. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete