Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Homemade Foot Soak

For our upcoming trip I kept trying to think of some fun things to make and take with us.
 And we all know that anytime you go to Disneyland you are going to be doing a lot of walking. So with that in mind I thought
 "hmm I should make up a batch of homemade foot soak for me and my honey".

 So this recipe is easy peasy.
 Ingredients: 
1 Cup Epsom Salt
 1 Cup Sea Salt
 2 Cups Baking Soda
 Optional: essential oils.
 I also added some drops of peppermint and eucalyptus Oil.
 Peppermint smells terrific and Eucalyptus is an anti-inflammatory, 
 anti-infectious, antibacterial, anti viral and an expectorant. 
 
Mix both salts and the baking soda together in a bowl.
Then add a few drops of each oil. Oil goes a long way.
I decided to package a few portion sizes in individual bags.
For 1 foot soaking session you only need 1/4 cup of this mix
I know this doesn't look cute yet but in a later post
 I will show you how I cutesy this up.
This bag shown is 3 inches x 4 inches
Here is the pint jar of mixture I made for the trip. Our feet will be in heaven.

When you are ready to use. Just pour 1/4 cup or 1 package of this foot soak in a container of hot water (as hot as you can stand it. this varies on each individual). Soak your feet for 30 minutes. towel dry and if you decide to rub anything on your feet afterwards.  Only use 100% aloe vera after you are finished. Lotions with additives will leech impurities back into your system after a foot soak/detox.
Here is a breakdown of the how much this project costs. 
Walmart:
Epsom Salt $2.49
Sea Salt $2.98
Baking Soda $2.50

Hobby Lobby
Peppermint Oil $6.99
Eucalyptus Oil $6.99
(these were found in the aisle with the candle making supplies and unlike me today take a coupon with you and your project will be even cheaper.

So for one batch (as the recipe goes) 
you will get 16 portions of foot soak. 
This only used a portion of all my items. So I would say this is the breakdown for 1 batch
Epsom Salt $.50
Sea Salt $1.00
Baking Soda $.50
Peppermint Oil $.50
Eucalyptus Oil $.50
Total: $3.00

Grand Total  $.19 per portion

Packaging: Canning jar or other container: $1.00 and this can be reused 
                   Little Plastic Baggies (100 for $2.00) so .02 per portion
                  (still making your grand total per soaking experiance $.21





No comments:

Post a Comment