Crunchy Snack Mix gone wild
This makes 2 gallon sized ziplock bags full
(so you can 1/2 this recipe and still have plenty)
6 cups crispy rice cereal (squares)
6 cups crispy corn cereal (squares)
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1 (6.6oz) package goldfish (graham chocolate chip cookies)
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C)
2. In Large bowl, combine rice & corn cereal, pecans, almonds and goldfish.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar,
butter and corn syrup. (photo 1)
Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil (photo 2)
|Photo 2: stir until mixture comes to a boil|
|Photo 1: mix brown sugar, butter and karo syrup|
Reduce heat to medium low; cook without stirring for 5 minutes (photo 3)
4. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. (photo 4).
|Photo 4: add vanilla & baking soda|
|Photo 3: cook without stirring for 5 minutes|
5. Pour over snack mixture and toss until evenly coated.
6. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
Transfer to large piece of parchment paper and cool completely.
Break into chunks once cool.
Now if you don't want to get anymore adventurous you can stop here
and enjoy this nummy snack mix.
But I am going to turn it up a notch. see below
It's time to turn the above snack mix into..
wait for it ....
MONSTER snack mix
the above snack mix
6 oz Caramel Bugles (top left)
12 oz Dark Chocolate M & M's (top right)
10 oz. Chex Mix Muddy Buddies (Peanut Butter and Chocolate) (bottom left)
6 oz Cocoa Roasted Almonds (bottom right)
take above ingredients and mix, mix, mix and your done.
This will fill 2 gallon sized ziplock bags.