Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Disney Countdown Frame



We are Disney fans and love going to Disney (either park, we have been to both). We celebrate our wedding anniversary each year with a disney vacation. We are celebrating our 5th year and decided to splurge for a disney resort hotel this time. We have always stayed at good neighbor hotels or hotels farther out. I have seen many creative ways to keep track of the days left tip we pack up the good ole' car and head out on the highway. I wanted to do a framed countdown that I can set on my desk and look and dream about everyday. 



I am also on a washi crusade. everything I look at lately I ask myself "should I washi that, or not"? This was a perfect project to washi like crazy. I had the perfect washi tape for it. "Alice in wonderland" washi and a nice white and turquoise stripe wash. 


Supplies I used:

  • 8 x10 frame (you can get 2 of these frames for $8.99 at costco)
  • Alice in Wonderland Washi Tape
  • Turquoise and White striped Washi Tape
  • Exacto Knife
  • Scissors
  • Glittery chipboard letters
  • mounting tape
  • Scrapbook Tape
  • 2 sheets of pink card stock
  • 1 sheet of white card stock
  • 2 Turquoise Brads
  • Hole Punch




First I removed the mat from inside the frame. Then taking my Turquoise washi tape, I applied a strip over the burgandy inside stripe on the mat. Using an exacto knife I was able to trim down the excess tape and to also cut the corners (see photo above)



Next I grabbed the alice in wonderland washi tape (this tape was wider) I layed a strip down the left side then the right side. Now lay down 2 more strips one on the top and then on the bottom (these 2 strips will overlap the 2 side ones). In the photo above the left photo shows how the tape is hanging off the sides because it is too wide. take scissors or your exacto knife and trim excess. 

The bottom 3 photos (from above) 
Left Photo: show how I took the turquoise washi tape again and layed layers onto the front of the frame. similar to the way I applied it to the mat. then I added 2 strips to each corner .
Middle Photo: I put the mat back into the frame and this is what it looks like.
Right Photo: I added pink glittery chipboard letters. spelling out: Disney Countdown, mounting them on with 1/16 inch mounting tape. 


Cut a white piece of card stock the side of the mat. this one was 6"x8"
Photo 1: taking the 6x8 I laid the mat on top of it and traced the open rectangle onto the paper.  Then 
because my number pages are 2"x2 1/2" each I traced 2 boxes inside the 1st.
Photo 2: taking Turquoise washi tape I applied it the areas that would still be scene after mounting and adding the number pages. (it is ok if you overlap the lines, they will not be scene.
Photo 3 & 4: tape 2 (2"x2 1/2") boxes into the 2 spaces allotted for them.
Photo 5: Tape mat board onto bottom sheet you just finished making.


The last thing you need to do is to attach the number cards. punch a hole in the top of each card (you are going to need a card for each number). Take a brad and poke it through the holes and into the back sheet. and now you are finished. 

Happy Disney Days!!!


Carrie

Pin Inspired by:


 Linky Parties


C.R.A.F.T                              Craft-O-Matic                           Skip to my Lou                                    Sumos Sweet Stuff           The Dedicated House                    Six Sister's Stuff           
I'm Topsy Turvy

No comments:

Post a Comment