Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ikea Project #4 - Desktop Workspace

Project #4 I used a clear desk pad from IKEA


Supplies:
  • IKEA clear desk pad (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/66703500/)
  • wrapping paper
  • scissors
  • vinyl
  • Cricut, Silhouette or any other cutting machine
  • temporary adhesive spray
the first step is to lay your wrapping paper onto your desk top (design face up). Spray the temporary adhesive spray on the back side of the desk pad and then slowly apply the desk pad sticky side down onto the top of your wrapping paper. Now take your scissors and trim off the excess wrapping paper around the edges of the pad.  

To decorate the top of my pad I wanted my blog name and a horizontal & vertical ruler. Making projects quicker and easy. (no more looking for a ruler). I designed a 24 inch ruler & 12 inch ruler using inkscape, saving it in a sag file then using my Make the Cut program cut the rulers out of vinyl. Same thing my blog name. (if you want a copy of the ruler design let me know). Once the designs we're cut out. I applied them to the top of my work pad and ta-da. I was very happy with the end results on this one.





Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment